Ginger and Turmeric Tea

I have always loved ginger and recently learned about the health benefits of both ginger and turmeric! That's when I came across a recipe for Ginger and Turmeric Tea and all the crazy good stuff those two roots can do for you. I made the recipe my own to fit my taste and hope you do too! Personally, there's nothing better than waking up in the morning and downing a cold drink that just makes you feel good all throughout your day! You can also drink this warm like the rest of the world, outside of the south eastern US, drinks tea but it's a good wake up call for me before my morning coffee. 

I used 2 cups of water to make this so keep that in mind when slicing. I also don't mind a strong taste and actually prefer it over something sweet so keep that in mind also as these 2
roots have a bit of a kick!

I cut 5 or so slices of ginger root which I picked up from my local farmers market so it's fresh. 

I sliced up "one small piece" of turmeric sliced up, not a super fancy measurement but you can see in the picture the turmeric is the smaller root. That is a fairly large piece about an inch and a half long so I'd use half of that (approximately a half inch). 

Throw it all in a pot and boil it for 10 minutes or so, then turn the heat down so it's no longer boiling and add your honey. Again, this is totally to your taste, me being from the south like it sweet so I add a one tablespoon her cup of water used while it's still warm. 

I use mason jars to cut back on waste and they're easily cleaned and reused, I can also prep for each day so I never have an excuse to skip!

I love strawberries and lemon in my water so that's what I add but if you're not big on strawberries, lemon itself is always a good go to. 


Everything used in this recipe was bought from my local farmers market, so not only is it guaranteed fresh but you know where it's coming from. Also, if you suffer from seasonal allergies (again, in the south we all struggle through allergies so this is a real thing that works) eating local honey will help since the bees are bringing small and safe amounts of the pollen and allergens around you daily into your daily food helping you adjust and build immunity! Shopping local is also a great way to appreciate your local farmers, so thank a farmer, grocery shop much cheaper and get over allergy season all at your farmers market!

Comments

Popular Posts